Tuesday, June 28, 2011

THE LAST 48 HOURS

Below is listed my life in the last 48 hours while my husband worked at the fire station.  Well, the ones I can remember...

1. Sydney's arm got stuck in a restaurant chair and she screamed bloody murder until I was able to get it out.  A nice waitress came over to console her and she told her to go away! 

2. Maddox swallowed an earring (this actually happened while I was walking out the door when Matt finally got home).  Maddox recently told me he is waiting to pee the earring out! OuCH!


3.  Got told to NOT sell the baby stuff because the new brother AND sister that God is going to give us will have nothing to play with.  Please NO!!! 

4.  Countless times I heard, "mom, you are not going to believe this..." followed by an explanation as to why they should not get into trouble due to doing something they were not supposed to do.

5. Maddox gave me a rendition of a hola dancer while dancing to TNT by AC/DC!! 

6. The kids and I were without air conditioning one evening and had to have a slumber party in the basement.  One of the kids turned off the switch to the AC without my knowledge.  The lack of air resulted in a very interesting phone call with Matt and the other firefighters at the station trying to tell me how to fix the unit and what to look for!  There is a reason fixing things should be left to a man!

7. Attempted to eat lunch at Pizza Hut and it took 10 minutes to get seated and after 15 minutes at our table with no service, the kids and I walked out.  While leaving, Maddox says loudly, "this place stinks!!!"  At that moment I realized there is an advantage, at times, having a child with no filter!

8. We added a new member to our clan!  NO more worries about bears while camping in Colorado! I will finally be able to sleep!  
  
Meet Annie, well more formally 'The Pistol Annie'
*credit goes to the newly formed group by Miranda Lambert*

All in all, it was a blessed 48 hours.  Yes, I know I don't have it as bad as others.  However, because it is not my normal routine it does add a little more stress and comic relief at times.  So the utmost respect for those 24/7 single parents, military moms and dads and bless God for not making me one of them (I couldn't handle it).  Being a fire wife can be stressful, exhausting and comical, but I wouldn't want to be any other kind of wife! 


Hope you enjoy!  


Pistol Annies; follow this link to greatness!! New single released on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment